The Articles Topic

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

That could be just the market of the money exchange even though the U.S. dollar isn't worth much at the moment
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's not the exchange rate. It's a case of Apple screwing Australia over:
The article wrote:In the US, tracks sell for between $0.89 and $0.99 on Amazon MP3. All tracks are $0.99 on iTunes USA. Abroad though, I'll use iTunes Australia as an example, tracks sell for AUD$1.69 - which is extortionate really. At the prevailing rate, US$0.99 is equivalent to AUD$1.13.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Capitalism

Have to make money were the money is :razz:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'd be interested to see how much they cost in other countries. I'd hazard a guess to say all international iTunes will be quite a bit more expensive than America.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Articles Bot
Forum Bot
Forum Bot

I collect Post-its! Strange? Not at all! When I'm travelling if I see them, I buy a pack of Post-its. They are small, extremely useful, come in varying sizes and colours and the best thing is when I unwrap them to use them, I am reminded by the varying languages of where I've been.

Now, having shar...

Read more
View all articles at http://www.cricketmx.com/articles/
I'm only a forum bot!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great debut article Moon! 8)

p2p-sharing-rules

I agree, it's a great debut article. 8)
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I have heard some bad things about this program. True or not I prefer to just use notepad and save to the desktop till I use it. I figure why use CPU space and memory for some program I already have notepad.
Articles Bot
Forum Bot
Forum Bot

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 is the next version of the Microsoft Windows Server family. It should hit the streets February 27th in its final form. Currently you can download and test 2008 Server RC1.

2008 Server is being touted as the most advanced version of Windows Server to date, designed to...

Read more
I'm only a forum bot!
pokesthelippyfish
Fsh
Fsh

Articles Bot wrote:
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 is the next version of the Microsoft Windows Server family. It should hit the streets February 27th in its final form. Currently you can download and test 2008 Server RC1.

2008 Server is being touted as the most advanced version of Windows Server to date, designed to...

Read more
wow... need to absorb that.. i thought Vista was gonna be IT!! this is the first i've heard of a NEW system...
If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is for servers. This is not a desktop operating system.

On the other hand, the successor to Vista, codenamed Windows 7, has a tentative release date of 2009.
Articles Bot
Forum Bot
Forum Bot

At just 18 years of age, Henry Olonga made his Test cricket debut for Zimbabwe in a winning performance against Pakistan. He was a mainstay in the Zimbabwean bowling attack until his forced retirement in 2003, when he and Andy Flower bravely protested against the death of democracy in Zimbabwe. Afte...

Read more
I'm only a forum bot!
moongirl

Articles Bot wrote:
It made headlines around the world when the Chinese government and Chinese internet service providers blocked access to Wikipedia in 2004, on the 15 year anniversary of the Tiananmen Square protests. Wikipedia was unblocked and reblocked several times over the years following, at times the blocks be...

Read more

Internet Censorship - The Great Firewall Of China
Strict controls require all servers to be licensed.
There is a YouTube clone in China - Tudou.com (translates as potato).

Drupal - working within the strict Chinese guidelines have set up drupalchina.org
http://drupal.org/about
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
Articles Bot
Forum Bot
Forum Bot

On one of my trips to Asia in early 2007 I discovered Thai pop sensation, Tata Young. Perhaps it should be the Rupert Murdoch owned TV station, Star World, that she should be grateful to, for without their promo featuring her song "Come Rain Come Shine", I would be none the wiser as to he...

Read more
I'm only a forum bot!
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Grinch wrote:This is for servers. This is not a desktop operating system.

On the other hand, the successor to Vista, codenamed Windows 7, has a tentative release date of 2009.
2009! please someone slaughter the hog