The Articles Topic

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's much like the Google bot, I am sure at times you will see a variety of bot species (Yahoo, Ask Jeeves, etc) :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Articles Bot
Forum Bot
Forum Bot

The term "Web 2.0" has been floated around a lot in the past year or two, and refers to a supposed second generation of the internet. It wasn't until the mid 1990's, and the dot com boom which began in 1996 and 1997, that the internet began to make an impact throughout the world, and since...

Read more
View all articles at http://www.cricketmx.com/articles/
I'm only a forum bot!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks to everyone that read this article - it has been the most popular to date with over 300 views :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Articles Bot
Forum Bot
Forum Bot

AOL have officially pulled the plug on the Netscape browser, vowing to discontinue all support as of February 1, 2008, at which time they will also stop releasing security patches for the one time market leading internet browser. During the mid 1990's, Netscape Navigator, codenamed Mozilla during de...

Read more
I'm only a forum bot!
p2p-sharing-rules

8) congrats, good articles once again mate.
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Articles Bot wrote:
AOL have officially pulled the plug on the Netscape browser, vowing to discontinue all support as of February 1, 2008, at which time they will also stop releasing security patches for the one time market leading internet browser. During the mid 1990's, Netscape Navigator, codenamed Mozilla during de...

Read more
I personally never did use IE. Back in the day I used Netscape Navigator,and did so for the longest time. That was even when the Company I worked with promoted the use of Wal-Mart connect a simplified version of AOL, which used IE at that time. I always connected to the net then minimized it and the used Netscape. Needless to say I was quiet surprised to see that connection change to Netscape knowing AOL had done the same. But by that time I to had already switched to Mozilla Firefox prompted by information and net friends although at that time Mozilla Firefox did not have all the nice features Netscape Navigator had at first I found it it to be a hard transition. Since then Mozilla Firefox has came a long way bringing me back to it after using Opera for awhile.

I recently was talking to the CEO of the for mentioned company who is now getting his doctrine in a highly regarded technology field his out look as well as mine IE (Microsoft baby) is used by all major players and universities so get use to it,and useing it, nothing is going to out it.

I wonder though was the fall of Netscape Navigator due to AOHelL? Will Firefox be next? Seems like all good open source programs that work great are bought out by major players then put to ruin like Norton buy out of Sygate.
moongirl

Articles Bot wrote:

Read more

I always liked Netscape.
The Netscape pop-up blocker was a great source of entertained for me!!
I was heading for 10,000 pop-ups that had been blocked until one day, out of the blue,
Netscape & AVG had a fight on my laptop and............Mozilla won!! :wink:
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you liked Netscape, you can use the colour scheme still (on Firefox) which is available at the Mozilla website :)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3723
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/user/56836

Articles Bot
Forum Bot
Forum Bot

Japanese authorities have stated three people have been arrested for writing and distributing a virus over Japan's top P2P program, Winny. The creator of the virus is believed to be a graduate student from Osaka. This is the first such occasion that somebody in Japan has been arrested due to virus c...

Read more
I'm only a forum bot!
p2p-sharing-rules

:shock: Wow that's a nasty Trojan.
I'm glade they got busted. :)

Here's the Firefox theme that I'm using now.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cool theme P2P 8)

garmabeaneth
Dancing Queen
Dancing Queen

that is a cool theme... i use the kid one
Sometimes when you cry... no one sees your tears.
Sometimes when you are worried... no one sees your pain.
Sometimes when you are happy... no one sees your smile.
But fart just one damn time ...
(¯`·._.·[GUEST 601]·._.·´¯)

smile you're on candid camera Image
p2p-sharing-rules

Yep it's nice, it uses my favorite colours red & black.
Articles Bot
Forum Bot
Forum Bot

Amazon have announced that their online music service will be rolled out internationally some time in 2008. Their service, Amazon MP3, sells only DRM-free music from each of the big four labels - EMI, Universal, Sony BMG and Warner.

There is some confusion over what Amazon mean by international. Us...

Read more
I'm only a forum bot!
p2p-sharing-rules

Wow that could be good news, I hope they aren't going to add watermarking to the mp3 songs that you buy from Amazon MP3 so they can track what you do with the songs that you paid for to see if you upload them to p2p networks & if they'll have the same price internationally, unlike iTunes that charge different prices in different countries.It could also end or slow down iTunes monopoly on legal download sites.I find that it's not fair that they charge the US .99$ per song & they charge Aus.1.69$ per song.It should be the same price in every country.Somebody is being greedy, *cough* Apple. :roll: