Microsoft Promoting Cricket

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

moongirl

Something that brings a warm glow to us here at Cricket is to learn that...
"The software giant is now promoting cricket."

Seattle, Sept 16: The Microsoft Incorporation has found a unique way of luring Indian software engineers in a bid to increase its influence in the Indian market and to benefit from India’s growing prowess in the field of science and technology.

The software giant is now promoting cricket and inviting more and more Indian employees to join Microsoft Cricket Club. Under the Microsoft’s cricket programme, four teams compete against other local teams.

The firm’s cricket campaign provides a unique tool to thousands of Indian employed at Seattle to beat stress and recreate. In a way, the scheme is also helping Microsoft in keeping the company`s largest minority group- Indians, which make up about 15 percent of Microsoft`s 35,000 workers at its headquarter in Seattle, happy.

According to the industry insiders, the global computer giant is facing a stiff competition from leading Indian software firms, which are offering fat salaries and quick promotional packages to capture the exceptionally talented Indian engineers.

"The chance to play so much cricket surprised me," said Prabhu, a senior programme manager at Microsoft Corp`s automotive business. "There is someone in almost every business team at Microsoft that I`ve played cricket with."

During the Cricket World Cup in March and April, Microsoft ensured that tournament matches from the Caribbean Islands were broadcast via closed circuit for its staff.

Despite being a male-dominated sport, the popularity of cricket knows no limit among Microsoft`s female Indian employees. This could be understood by the fact that a local women`s cricket league has more than 100 members and around three quarters of those players are from Microsoft.

"Most of us never really had the opportunity to play cricket back home. There are probably more women playing cricket here than in all of India," said Sangita Jayaraman, a program manager at Microsoft.

zeenews.com (India):
http://tinyurl.com/2pvs44
To see the Microsoft Cricket Club emblem:
http://in.news.yahoo.com/070910/137/6kj8z.html
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've had referrals from microsoft.com to forums.cricketmx.com

Coincidence?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

battye wrote:I've had referrals from microsoft.com to forums.cricketmx.com
That's kind of crazy. You ever have the chance to follow the referer back to see the exact page it came from?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unfortunately, it just gave the domain, not the exact page.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
boris4030

Sounds strange for me . Microsoft should be more concerned correcting the latest windows bugs rather than promoting cricket.

Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

boris4030 wrote:Sounds strange for me . Microsoft should be more concerned correcting the latest windows bugs rather than promoting cricket.
Stressed out employees that are unhealthy often arent as productive compared to those who are healthy. Windows has many exploits and security vulnerabilities, most likely due to the fact it is the most widely used operating system in the world, also Microsoft has many more products other than windows to work on, such as the xbox, office suites, and server operating systems...so promoting cricket is a good idea... :wink: