The Switch!

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks to everyone for their patience over the last few days. We now have a new forum, at http://forums.cricketmx.com and we are looking forward to our new host Canaca.com. With 99.9% uptime it will be a great experience! I'll take this opportunity to thank Jmstacey, without him, we wouldn't be where we are today! To everyone that comes in regularly, it is very much appreciated, you keep the forum alive! Our moderators have been fantastic! Keep up the great work guys and gals! If you haven't been to our forum lately, or have only registered recently, please introduce yourself in the Introductory Forum, or take part in one of many ongoing discussions! Or create your own if you have something that needs to be addressed! This has been a long awaited step in CricketMX, and it has finally happened, thanks to our users! For the people that are wondering what happened to our BitTorrent tracker, don't worry! There have been some minor issues to do with it, if you would like to find out more, visit Tracker Updates. You can be sure we will have a new one up very soon, so make sure you stay up to date! There are many new things to look forward to, one of which is CricketMX Webmail which will be fantastic, but that won't happen just yet. We will wait until everything else has been smoothed over. Thankyou for your co-operation!

Remember to bookmark our new site! http://forums.cricketmx.com
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've been trying to get to the old forum all day. Awesome battye, the site seems to be a lot faster. When will the themes get uploaded and all that stuff.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll be uploading the themes on Saturday :)
Btw, you need to redo your signature, anything with any foreign characters will turn to a square or a line or something :wink:
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Freezmizer
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Well that explains it. :) I wondered wtf Grinch's tag was... :?
-- Ha Ha Charade you are....... --
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

The same happened to the usergroup names. And even some people's usernames! I don't know how I'm going to fix the usernames though :?

LavaGale
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Nice going Battye, I noticed the speed as well. :D
Do you have Frog Legs?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I know, it's fast as 8)

BeeZer
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Ahhh .. My themes are back .. my beautiful themes .. My Solaris Theme

OK I'll stop now. Thanks Battye. Forum works good now and I've got my Solaris back.

BeeZer :D
From the Planet Kriket
Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

as far as usernames go, you can change them with the admin pannel, if you can't, enable "Allow Username Changes" temporaily, or just long enough to change them to what they should be, as long as you know the correct names...there shouldn't be any problems...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I know how to edit their usernames, but because of the asianic characters it won't let me access their profile: User does not exist

Check one of their profiles, there are many variations :(

But thanks Layzie :)

Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

simple soloution to that, don't allow multi-byte characters in usernames, I had the same similar problem with mine...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've never seen that option :?