Until Further Notice

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

As some of you may know, NO-IP banned my url for the Tracker so we are now Trackerless. Battye took the liberty of locking the Tracker threads until we develop an alternative. I will probably work on that tonight. If any one out there is tracker savvy please send me a PM with the details. If any of you were trying to download a torrent from our tracker, don't fear, most of them are still being seeded and can still be downloaded. Look on Suprnova or Torrentz for the torrents.
Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

if someone can provide me with the amount of bandwidth the tracker usually uses, I might have something to offer... :)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

a php tracker will draw about 30GB a month depending on how popular it is.
Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

Don't quite have that much, was yours a big drawer? I'd say if it was under 500 MB per month I'd do it, but anything over might interfere with my site's bandwidth, so far this month I've used about 140 MB, which tells me that about 15 MB is used daily, so my site is expected to do around 464 MB, which gives me 1,536 MB to play with, so if your tracker used less, then all will be good. I think I might keep it text only, to conserve bandwidth. I hope your tracker didn't use 30 GB a month :lol: :P
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

It was gaining popularity, I think that is what did me in. Oh well. I have no idea how much bw it used, never monitored it.
Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

vulpes said that super nova uses 900 GB a month of something like that...grinch if you have a fast enough connection you might be able to host it yourself, and you dont need a domain, since the IP will be used from here, and if you're ok with revealing your IP (a domain is a name for an IP). I dont know how it was hosted before hand, I'm not exactly the bit torrent type since im dial-up, too hard to keep your torrents seeded and so fourth..
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

It was hosted from my PC using a no-ip.com to mask the IP.
Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

well anyone who would want your IP can get it pretty easy, command prompt, you might want to talk to jon (admin of jmstacey.net) to get you a sub domain set up, just as long as it points to your computer, thats the tricky part.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

30GB!! OMG :lol:

This site has already used 1GB Bandwidth this month :shock:
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
jctoad
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

I have a 500 meg server which I can do just about anything I want to, but it is limited to 5 gigs per month. They charge 99 cents for each additional gig. I guess we could try it.
Don't count your toads until they're running around with their heads cut off.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

jctoad wrote:I have a 500 meg server which I can do just about anything I want to, but it is limited to 5 gigs per month. They charge 99 cents for each additional gig. I guess we could try it.
Interesting offer jc. It's worth a try just for testing purposes at the least. Do you know much about php and mysql to lend a helping hand?
Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

99 cents, we could have a field day with that, hell even I can afford that, i dont know how much jon charges for that. Battye i dont know how much bandwidth you have left, but when it runs out, no one can visit the site til May 1st...

I was merely offering a place for your tracker...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

battye wrote:This site has already used 1GB Bandwidth this month :shock:
This site has 1GB left Layzie :wink:
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

you might want to help it out by switching to subsilver (the ultimate boring and simple) and override user settings, this way you might conserve 100 - 300 MB of bandwidth. Disable any features that uses a lot of bandwidth, avatars, sigs, the last thing you want is waiting for May 1st.

OR

buy more bw from jon, I think its $2-3 a month, you'll have to check with his site for that information, and from what I understand it's fully automated now.
Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

might be because im on a school computer but it looks like the stuff is down (that may be old news). I got the bw now, but, jon doesn't have the server in ATL anymore (ran out of money), so he's back to whatever he had before, which I think it was 800k, may be enough right now, but it wont be able to handle the load if it gets real popular.