Ultimate Quiz MOD Development Stopped

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, that's it. 1.0.x is officially not in development anymore :(

But 1.1.x is! :D

So now I have you intrigued (I hope :?). The new version will be a lot better than the current, some of the new features will include True & False quizzes, and quizzes where you type the answer in.

Like just over a year ago, I am asking anyone who has any suggestions as to what they would like to see in a quiz, to either post here in this thread, or at http://www.cmxmods.net/quiz.php?mode=feature_tracker in the feature tracker.

Information on current features can also be found at Cmxmods.net, http://www.cmxmods.net/quiz.php

Thanks everyone :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
moongirl

Got me!! I thought it was all over red rover!! :lol:

Looking forward to using the new version.
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
volf
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hi :)

I have a few sugestions.

1. A hall of fame list for each quiz (more fun seing how you did compared to others)
2. Quiz author can set a time limit for a quiz.
3. Mixed question types in same quiz.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hm had some more but blancked out when posting :roll:
Would any of the first 3 be doable or possibly already on your to do list
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

1 is a given.
2 is a maybe
3 is a no, but it is a priority for v1.4.x

Thanks for registering, welcome to the forum :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

also have where people can make a quiz more than 4 questions. But no more than say 50, in case someone is trying to spam or flood the site...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Already done mate :)

Layzie Bone

ok, i didn't look, i dont know if you have a changelog on there or not...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

volf
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

That's good, the first one was the one that matters most. The time limit is basically the only way to insure fair play, then again those who wish to play dirty tend to always find some way to cheat.

I used to run a quiz site (not phpbb based) and back then i just used a simple javascript that jumped to next page after the set time, guess same script could be used here althou theese days many people dont like javascrips.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh ok. :)

If you still have the javascript, I could have a look at it. I'm still not 100% sure whether I'll add a time limits (I intend to however), but if I do, I'm sure this could make it a lot easier!

volf
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I don't have the script, lost everything on my server around a year ago. But im sure something similar can still be found somewhere, it was basically a countdown clock that triggered a page jump when it reached 0. Bad side was that the time limit was the same for all quizzes regardless of how many questions. I will do some googleing during the week
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Update:

v1.1.1 has been downloaded 16 times!
The Ultimate Quiz MOD has been downloaded a total of 82 times.

Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

battye wrote:v1.1.1 has been downloaded 16 times!
Now, what was it stickcricket.com says??? A solid start? Sounds PDG to me. Nice one mate.