403 Forbidden When Posting

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.php?p=52543#52543

If you are getting this error when posting, don't worry, it is just a temporary glitch and the HostForWeb team are right on to it :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the heads up. I thought my priveledges were revoked :(
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

grinch2171 wrote:Thanks for the heads up. I thought my priveledges were revoked :(
Of course not :lol:

HFW have just fixed the problem :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
John Riddler
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker
Location: I come from a place were there is a saying, and it goes "From here on there be Dragons"

thanx battye
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I'm getting this error again. It's only happening on certain threads, like the Uptime for Linux thread. I'd really like to post to it. :)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can read that post :?

nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I was planning to doublepost after I got things working. I just checked again (different location/browser). It's one of those errors that seem to defy logic. I can post to posting.php when it's used for most threads. The file is the same and the method is the same. The only difference is stuff like the thread number, which Apache shouldn't really worry about anyway.

It might be related to the size of the post. I was able to attach it as a txt file, but when I tried to reply to it in the post box, it was a no go.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's odd, I'll contact HFW about it again

nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I was googling around, and I found lots of other people that ran into the same problem. On the other hand, I didn't find lots of answers other than "make sure to chmod posting.php to 755" and "upgrade to the newest version" which are equivilant to "reboot" and "reinstall". :) I don't think either of these are the case here.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

nesman wrote:I was googling around, and I found lots of other people that ran into the same problem. On the other hand, I didn't find lots of answers other than "make sure to chmod posting.php to 755" and "upgrade to the newest version" which are equivilant to "reboot" and "reinstall". :) I don't think either of these are the case here.
Apparantly it was the CHMOD setting, I was told that if the file is used a lot (which it is) then it is automatically reverted back to 644.

The folks at Hostforweb have set a Cron Job to run every 5 minutes now, so that it always stays at 755 8)

nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Well, I'm still getting it. I'll give it 5 mintues and try again.

Edit:
Tried again from a new browser. It'll let me post a sentence or two, but not much more. I was able to get a small post through, but then I tried the full post right after that with no luck. I really think it's just a phpbb bug.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

nesman wrote:Well, I'm still getting it. I'll give it 5 mintues and try again.

Edit:
Tried again from a new browser. It'll let me post a sentence or two, but not much more. I was able to get a small post through, but then I tried the full post right after that with no luck. I really think it's just a phpbb bug.
It's not a problem with phpBB.. I don't think it is a PHP bug at all actually :?

Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

I could read and post to the thread Nes mentioned, but I couldn't edit his post as he requested.
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I wonder if it has to do with the content? Maybe it's a security fix of some sort. I wouldn't really think that's the case, but I guess it's possible.
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Battye... what's the server??? Apache?