Presenting, a new site!

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

A lot of things have happened recently, and will continue like this for a while. Most people know about some of these things, others may not. As today is the one year anniversary of the domain, it seems fitting to post this now.

In Mid-March I made the move to a new webhost, a far more reliable one, a webhost which I have never experienced any problems with. Their support is simply outstanding, I haven't had to wait more than 10 minutes for a reply by email, and instant support via live help (this is beginning to sound like an Ad :lol:). My new webhost is HostForWeb.com. To anyone thinking of starting a website, I suggest you use HostForWeb (Remember to include 'cmxmods' as your referrer :wink:).

I renewed CricketMX.com for another year, and registered a new domain, CMXMods.net until 2007. Currently all you will find at CMXMods.net is a downloads page for the Ultimate Quiz MOD (v0.6.6, for those of you playing at home :wink:)

However, CricketMX.com has taken a turn, in the near future, no matter where you go on CricketMX, you will remain logged in. Basically, everything will be integrated into the forum, including Lyrics, that will be the last to be integrated though.

Currently http://www.cricketmx.com ( http://forums.cricketmx.com/home.php ) is part of the forum, and with that comes a brand spanking new Knowledge Base, currently, in Pre-Alpha stage :wink:

I am in the process of transferring all WinMX, BT, and Computer Literacy articles to the KB, hence why some topics have a prefix [KB].

Eventually, the Tutorials and Computer Literacy forums will be removed, in an effort to reduce page load time even more (which might I add is exceptionally fast on HostForWeb :D).

Soon, the knowledge base will have a section where you can add your own articles, and allow moderators and the author of the article, to edit or delete the article. All very exciting stuff, brought to you by CricketMX.com.

Last piece of news, I'll be away on vacation for between 9 - 12 days, starting early next week. Like last time, if you have any major isues, contact either Rat or Grinch about it :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Red XIII
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!

Hope you have fun on your vacation Battye :)
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

battye wrote:Eventually, the Tutorials and Computer Literacy forums will be removed, in an effort to reduce page load time even more (which might I add is exceptionally fast on HostForWeb :D).
a few times i've noticed the site going extremely slowly and had to come back and finish off my replies a bit later - by which time its normally fine though
battye wrote:Last piece of news, I'll be away on vacation for between 9 - 12 days, starting early next week. Like last time, if you have any major isues, contact either Rat or Grinch about it :)
or i could moan to you before you leave :-P erm, i mean i could inform you of the occasional slowness issue before you leave :wink:

WinMX World.com - The new help website dedicated completely to WinMX. If you cant find help there, you cant find it anywhere!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

KM wrote:
battye wrote:Eventually, the Tutorials and Computer Literacy forums will be removed, in an effort to reduce page load time even more (which might I add is exceptionally fast on HostForWeb :D).
a few times i've noticed the site going extremely slowly and had to come back and finish off my replies a bit later - by which time its normally fine though
battye wrote:Last piece of news, I'll be away on vacation for between 9 - 12 days, starting early next week. Like last time, if you have any major isues, contact either Rat or Grinch about it :)
or i could moan to you before you leave :-P erm, i mean i could inform you of the occasional slowness issue before you leave :wink:
I know what you mean about occasional slowness, I guess there have been 2 times when it has happened to me, it could be anything though, such as another site using a lot of CPU, in which case it is usually dealt with pretty quickly by HFW.

Thanks Red :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

some other site issuing lots of queries to a large mysql database possibly?

i know if you where on the same webhost+mysql server as p2p-revolution.com then you would have had that problem - i had their mysql server taking 30 seconds+ to process simple queries at one point :-D

WinMX World.com - The new help website dedicated completely to WinMX. If you cant find help there, you cant find it anywhere!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tutorials forum now locked, seeing all of the articles have been transferred to the Knowledge Base :)

See http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.php?p=36867#36867 for more details :)

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cya in a couple of weeks everyone :)

Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Have fun boss. We'll keep your seat warm.