2.0.13 Critical Update

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

A critical update for phpBB has been released, so if you own a form, and use phpBB 2.0.12 or lower, it is strongly advised that you upgrade as soon as possible.

CricketMX.com has already been updated to 2.0.13.

phpBB 2.0.12 to phpBB 2.0.13 Code Changes
As mentioned in this topic at phpBB.com

These are the Changes from phpBB 2.0.12 to phpBB 2.0.13 summed up into a little Mod. This might be very helpful if you want to update your Board and have installed a bunch of Mods. Then it's normally easier to apply the Code Changes than to install all Mods again.

When you find a 'AFTER, ADD'-Statement, the Code have to be added after the last line quoted in the 'FIND'-Statement.
When you find a 'BEFORE, ADD'-Statement, the Code have to be added before the first line quoted in the 'FIND'-Statement.
When you find a 'REPLACE WITH'-Statement, the Code quoted in the 'FIND'-Statement have to be replaced completely with the quoted Code in the 'REPLACE WITH'-Statement.
When you find a 'DELETE'-Statement, the Code have to be deleted.

After you have finished this tutorial, you have to upload the update_to_latest.php file, execute it and then delete it from your webspace.

Ok, lets start:

• includes/sessions.php

FIND

Code: Select all

if( $sessiondata['autologinid'] == $auto_login_key )
REPLACE WITH

if( $sessiondata['autologinid'] === $auto_login_key )

• viewtopic.php

FIND

$message = str_replace('\"', '"', substr(preg_replace('#(\>(((?>([^><]+|(?R)))*)\<))#se', "preg_replace('#\b(" . $highlight_match . ")\b#i', '<span style=\"color:#" . $theme['fontcolor3'] . "\"><b>\\\\1</b></span>', '\\0')", '>' . $message . '<'), 1, -1));
REPLACE WITH

$message = str_replace('\"', '"', substr(@preg_replace('#(\>(((?>([^><]+|(?R)))*)\<))#se', "@preg_replace('#\b(" . $highlight_match . ")\b#i', '<span style=\"color:#" . $theme['fontcolor3'] . "\"><b>\\\\1</b></span>', '\\0')", '>' . $message . '<'), 1, -1)); 

Once done, run the update_to_latest.php file which can be found in the Changed Files package, it can be obtained from here.
Last edited by battye on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

battye wrote:phpBB 2.0.12 to phpBB 2.0.13 Code Changes
As mentioned in this topic at phpBB.com
These are the Changes from phpBB 2.0.11 to phpBB 2.0.12 summed up into a little Mod.
Eh? Is this 11 to 12 or 12 to 13?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

2.0.12 -> 2.0.13 :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
chris
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Then why did I register god damnit !
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

chris wrote:Then why did I register god damnit !
I assume you registered to be a part of this great community. If this isn't the rason then I am sure battye will gladly delete you from our database.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I tried replying to this, but I am lost for words..

Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

I really don't think chris knows what this thread is about. He obviously thinks the change affects the end users. He thinks he's just joined M$ junior and will have to install security updates every second day. :lol:
Freggle
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

2.0.13 was released a few hours after 2.0.12

Let's hope there are no more hidden critical bugs in the code....

msn-problems.com is up to date ;)