Downtime on December 16th

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Effective of the 16th December 2004 Canaca.com will be upgrading the server hosting cricketmx.com. This is an urgent security upgrade. So please don't be alarmed if it gets very slow and / or the site is inaccessable. Thanks, and sorry for any inconvenience caused but please be aware that it is a very important upgrade and will benefit us and many other Canaca customers in the long run.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Red XIII
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!

What will I do with my life on that day!? :shock: I know no other place than here! HELP! :shock: :cry: :cry:

:lol: alright, thanks for the notice! :D
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Ok thanx for the notice Battye, I,ll let as many know as I can , see you when the upgrades completed :)
bittenapple
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hey dude.. I signed up at last

Love the layout.. good job.
http://www.habboaddicts.com/forum

BittenApple production's fan-base forums. I've downloaded 2 mods from here, check it out.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
StorbinC
Nice Guy
Nice Guy

well i guess there must of been some more upgrading done today 20DEC04 becouse the place was "gone" for at least a few hours today. and batt didn't even know that it was gona be down.
sometime u feel like a nut
ImageImage
sometimes you don't
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes they were "upgrading" my account, stating that the BitTorrent server I was running on cricketmx.com was using too many resources. Maybe they should stop looking at cached pages..

Anyway I sent them this:
battye wrote:I would like a full explanation as to why my account was suspended AGAIN unnecessarily. You also did this to me a few months ago, and you did not give me an explanation last time either. I am not at all impressed as I lost valuable uptime for my forum and my test board was inaccessable which caused me to halt my development of a program for phpBB.com.
Are your staff aware of the difference between a BitTorrent tracker (which is a source of files, I do NOT RUN A TRACKER) and a phpBB Forum (http://www.phpbb.com) with a discussion section for BitTorrent. There is a huge difference between a bulletin board and a tracker. You may like to point it out to eliminate any further unnecessary accusations. If there was another reason why my site was suspended, please tell me now so I can correct it. Also, I am very disappointed that the numerous emails I sent to the emergency department last night were ignored.

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

And the one to the admin:
battye wrote:This has also been sent to the emergency department, but seeing I haven't recieved an email explaining the actions of suspending my account unnecessarily (and without any prior notice might I add) I also want an administrator to review it:

I would like a full explanation as to why my account was suspended AGAIN unnecessarily. You also did this to me a few months ago, and you did not give me an explanation last time either. I am not at all impressed as I lost valuable uptime for my forum and my test board was inaccessable which caused me to halt my development of a program for phpBB.com.
Are your staff aware of the difference between a BitTorrent tracker (which is a source of files, I do NOT RUN A TRACKER) and a phpBB Forum (http://www.phpbb.com) with a discussion section for BitTorrent. There is a huge difference between a bulletin board and a tracker. You may like to point it out to eliminate any further unnecessary accusations. If there was another reason why my site was suspended, please tell me now so I can correct it. Also, I am very disappointed that the numerous emails I sent to the emergency department last night were ignored.

In May or June, my members did want a tracker so I trialed one over a period of hours in which the Canaca staff CHMODded it so the public could not view it. I have never gone near unCHMODding it, and I have never run another tracker since. As this is the second time my site has become inaccessable because of allegations of running a tracker I'm beginning to wonder if Canaca staff know the difference between a forum and a tracker. Thank you for your assistance in resolving this issue.

My domain is cricketmx.com

me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

:evil:
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

have you ever gotten a reply yet??
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

becasue our network monitor shows high activity of a spam or peer to peer
activity from your site, there are 250 sites on this server. you can not jsut
run whatever program on your domain, please understand taht we have to take care
of other customers too. if you do this they would get down.unless we dont see
this activity from your site on our servers, we wont suspend it.

thanks.
luv da speling, teh gammer i alo vry god :|

me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

What in Sam Hills name is that suppose to mean anyway...grr
Dont they have a site we can report them to for bad business practices and bad grammer??
I think Canaca's the most unproffesional business i have seen...gaud.. be afraid CricketMX ppls very afraid....... :shock:
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I am fast losing respect for canaca.
They obviously seem illiterate, and under some illusion that we are eating resources we are not .
Everything including the radio have been cleared in advance with them.
There is no tracker or indexing going on here, are they blind ?
Maybe their idea of eating resources is termed to mean just using the forum ?
What annoys me the most is Battye is paying for all of this and thats why we are not getting adverts like some forums I visit.

CANACA : Look before you act !!
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Spam? Peer to Peer? Where? They're clearly "peering" in the wrong direction.
Being Canadian I suppose we must assume that they could be French speakers, which would explain their terrible English. That is no excuse for poor practice though. They have chosen the 'act now think later' policy, so prevalent in the whole of North America, presumably in an effort to avoid legal action.
It sucks, but judging by their response, it's what we're stuck with for the present.

PS. me.... who is Sam Hill?
Red XIII

God I'm smarter than these D***s!!! :lol:
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen