CricketMX Online Radio

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, I have attached the program with this post :)
Unzip it, open the folder creat.sound and ctrl + drag all the mp3 files you want to convert (remember the more you add the longer it takes) into it. Then double click convert32.bat which will begin the conversion process, once the diologue box has disappeared, open up the sounds directory and you will see a number of rbs files, these are the converted mp3's :)
Then use Winzip or Winrar to compress them and send to me. You will need to send them to me on MSN because they will be too big to attach to the forum (if you do more than one)

Attachments
Radio.zip
(147.09 KiB) Downloaded 614 times
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Would you like a gmail account? I still have an invite left. 10MB file sizes, 1000MB storage.
I'm on gmail.com as nesman64
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I already have one, battye@gmail.com. I forgot about that :D
You can send them there too :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Battye I have a creat.sound folder in it a bin and sound folder convert32 and convert64.
In the bin folder it has convert32 and convert64 and a lame in it also. I put mp3s in the convert32 in the creat.sound folder and I seen a DOS window blink that was it ,nothing appeard in the sound folder.

What did I do wrong? BTW thanks for the program I will put it to good use. once it is squared away.

what is a gmail account?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok:

In creat.sound you should have:

convert32.bat
convert64.bat

In bin you should have:

convert32.bat
convert64.bat
lame.exe

In sound you should have nothing (unless you have already converted some files in which case you will see rbs files)

Put the mp3's in to the creat.sound directory, NOT BIN :)

Then double click convert32.bat, in creat.sound, NOT BIN!

A DOS window should come up reporting the progress.

Gmail are Googles email accounts;
Look at these topics for more info:
http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.p ... ight=gmail

They have 1GB storage

Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

tunebud wrote:What stinking buttons :cry:
Just below the stinking volume bar. :D

Button 1 - I want my radio.blog (pity I couldn't cut this but really I suppose it has to stay to be fair to the makers).
Button 2. Pause/Play
Button 3. Pop Up - opens the radio in a javascripted pop-up window. If you close that window you can restart the radio by clicking the 'relaunch' link in the original window - assuming you still have it open.
Button 4. This is just a coloured block but this is the one you need to prod to toggle the playlist.

Note: If you hit the ZAP button at the top it loads the next tune and, once loaded, starts playing it.
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I don't have any buttons below the radio bar :(

Battye i have got a few tunes done i need to get to you but all my mail services won't let me send over a 10Mb file :( i added you to my MSN hope that will work.
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

tunebud wrote:I don't have any buttons below the radio bar :(
Radio Bar? What's that then? What you should see is the Radio.Blog icon (upper left corner of the applet) then below that there's a bar showing download and playback progress. Below that progress bar is the volume control bar and below *that* are the four buttons I mentioned before. If you still can't see them.... can you post a screen shot of what you *can* see please?
Red XIII
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!

Wow...lots of instructions that are too hard for me...any lamens terms for that Battye? :P
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Well I would add a screen shot if it would let me but for some odd reason i can't even add a 300X300 11Kb file so i guess I will e-mail it or MSN it to you.

Red laymen terms:

drag & drop the files into the creat.sound folder then when you open it you will see a bin and sound folder a convert32 and convert64 MS-DOS batch file (and the mp3 files you added) double click convert32 MS-DOS batch file a DOS window will open and start the conversion. When it is complete the RBS files (converted mp3s) will be in the sound folder.

Also FYI I thought when I moved the mp3s in to the creat.sound folder I would lose them when converted so I copied them (you don't have to do this) your mp3s will be safe and sound in the creat.sound folder to be moved back into the folder they were dragged from. Also you may want to make a note of what mp3s you converted so you don't do the same ones at a later date.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Radio is temporarily down, Google has been archiving it causing the site to be very very slow, and using up Bandwidth and CPU. So for the next day or so I will leave it off, I will try and get it up again soon though :)

Sorry for the inconvience

Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

How bloody weird. Also Battye.... please note that it doesn't seem to like the Eternal Darkness theme. Maybe the template needs a tweak cos tunebud and co have no buttons... which kinda explains why tune was so confused.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I removed the buttons at the very bottom because I didn't like them, I can add them back quite easily though.
I have turned it on again btw :)

coral
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

nice santa's hat battye ho ho ho

:lol:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Coral :D