CricketMX Online Radio

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Hi coral :)

battye wrote:I removed the buttons at the very bottom because I didn't like them, I can add them back quite easily though.
I have turned it on again btw :)
=D> radio is back yessss.........
So what are you saying Battye the radio needs a skin :scratch:
Seeing a play-list would be OK that way you could pick the song to listen to instead of poking the zap button to death. :twisted: Wait thats not a radio if you didn't do that is it..? :roll:

Again I think this radio is so cool an idea with endless potential. I say this while surfing and posting on CMX and listening to it.
Some threads now maybe would be in order. A weekly top 5, pop week or rock week. Not to mention what it could do for Cricket idol :shock:

BTW catch me again Battye I have ACDC (live) ready for ya.
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Oh, so now we want the playlist again? *sigh*
Battye... how about two copies of the page with seperate config files (with and without playlist). Both config files could contain the same playlist path so it shouldn't take up much more space. Still.... seems a bit OTT to me.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I actually think it gives more of a 'live radio' feel without the playlist, with a playlist, it's just like an online Winamp imo. But you have a point by having two installations using the same path, I will look into it :)

Shall we take a vote?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I read on radio blogs website that theres an update (2.1 ) for the radio already replacing the version 2 we seem to have :?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Our one is modified for phpBB (the forum) :D
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I guessed that :D
Just finding something for you to play with over xmas :lol:
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

can we have a radio skin just for CMX?
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Errr... the colour scheme is ours. :)
Stop looking at it in eternal darkness. :wink:
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

eternal darkness is a CMX original same as the yellow and red default scheme.

I am talking more of a face plate for the radio it's self I guess is what I am trying to say...but OK I will look at it in the default scheme since I have never done that..
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

They are both CMX theme's (phpBB wouldn't accept them!) both original to our site. Unfortunately with the way the radio was made we can only have one colour scheme, so I made it to look like CricketMX.com which was the first theme I made :)

Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

I tried to fiddle with the radio but unfortunately I couldn't import the button scripts from the publicly available flash files. If I'd redrawn the radio and put in new buttons, I'd have no script to link them to. Effectively we'd have a new ornament to look at, but not to listen to. Battye, in his wisdom, decided it was better to let it do it's thing for itself.

Note to battye - Did you try putting another radio folder up with the config file pointing to the original playlist? If that would work it could have a new colour scheme so members could choose their flavour. :)
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Darn no fancy smancy cool CD looking radio with a removable faceplate :pale:

Well at least I have my 300 watt 16 inch subs in the back seat. :clown:
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Battye the radio is broke :o
I was just following up an old link and it gave me a php message of doom :lol:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm currently investigating a 'live' way of doing it :D